Monday 9 April 2012

Fit for a Queen

Etsy.com 

This year sees the celebration of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and The London Olympics here in the UK.  More importantly for me, it is about The British being able to claim back the Union Jack as a symbol of unity and pride rather than a representation of The National Front, EDL and the BNP (spit....)

So I have been making fused glass brooches using this symbol and I have been working it in different colourways including pink, pale blue and vanilla and a fruit coloured brooch in citrus colours.  After all, why does the flag have to be red, white and blue? 


Folksy.com 
These brooches are made from Bullseye opal glass with glass stringers on vanilla glass with silver plate brooch backs. They are available in both my Folksy and Etsy shops and I will be taking a selection to Saltaire Makers Fair in May 2012 too. So, if you feel like celebrating, wear your brooch with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments - I love to hear from you.