Tuesday 30 April 2013

Mother-in-law's Quilt

Mother-in-law's quilt

Oh how much have I enjoyed The Great British Sewing Bee? Too much. I really enjoyed that everyone was so likeable and, although it was a competition, it was quite uncompetitive. I can't wait for the Great British Quilting Bee (provided there are no hexagons)! 




Whilst I was watching I was also stitching a lap quilt for my lovely Mother-in-law to keep her warm during the evenings.  I searched through my fabric stash to find pinks and greens that she would like including some Amy Butler pieces. Every piece, apart from the cream, is cut from a fat quarter.


Close up
I made up the design, it's a simple rectangle and two squares pieced together then each one turned 45 degrees to make the pattern more interesting.  Then I hand quilted the squares diagonally to make the quilt padded. Trapping more air makes it warmer. 

Now it is finished I can give my Scandinavian-style quilt some attention AND, in true quilt maker's tradition, I have started piecing my next quilt before I have finished my last.  More quilting ideas HERE 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments - I love to hear from you.