Friday 2 November 2012

Kelbrook Arts and Craft Fair

Kelbrook, Lancashire
This weekend (3rd and 4th November) I will be at Kelbrook Arts and Crafts Fair in the Kelbrook and Sough Village Hall in Lancashire. This will only be the second time I have displayed my glass in Lancashire and I am looking forward to it.
My first venture into Lancashire was at The Ace Centre in Nelson as part of the Nelson Art Fair two weeks ago and it was really enjoyable. So, next year, I hope to be adding some Lancashire venues to my craft fair itinerary. 

Transparent glass lightcatchers
As Christmas is less than two months away I feel that it's now OK to say the C-word, Christmas, without getting booed and hissed. So my kiln has been very busy fusing glass tree decorations and ornaments which can also be used as Lightcatchers. I popped into our local haberdashery store this morning, Duttons for Buttons, to buy some pretty gingham ribbon for each decoration, as gingham is not too Christmassy and can be used to hang the decoration from the tree or in the window. 

Mosaic Decorations
And, as I have mentioned Christmas, I have just reminded myself to dust down the box of decorations in the attic and start planning our own Christmas here at Chez Glassprimitif! I like the idea of a diorama in the living room window showing a snowy village scene so, as soon as I am back from Kelbrook, I will be drawing some ideas for the window.

Kelbrook Village Hall is just off the A56 between Skipton and Colne. The Fair opens from 10.30am to 4.30pm.  I hope to see you there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments - I love to hear from you.