Saturday 24 August 2013

Bad Birdy

Scandi Birds

I love making these Scandinavian-inspired birds in rainbow colours and they sell out at fairs and events. They are made from transparent Bullseye glass with fused gold paint and have a copper wire hook to hang them in the window. 

Glass birds are so pretty and here are a couple I would love to own. 

Shane Fero
Oiva Toikka

But occasionally, glass in the kiln doesn't behave as it should and can slip, fracture or just not perform as it should. Something that ceramicists can identify with too! Here is Bad Birdy - you can see where the clear and coloured glass has parted company which means this birdy was consigned to the bin. 

Bad Birdy! 

My Birdies are available for sale at my Folksy Shop and you can also follow my birdy inspiration on Pinterest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments - I love to hear from you.