Wednesday 25 July 2012

Selling My Kiln

AIM kiln 

I have come to realise that, as I now have a larger capacity kiln, my Jeweller's kiln is now surplus to requirements. It's been a fantastic kiln for making small pieces of glass and for firing precious metal clay but I never use it now so I think it needs to go to a good home. 
This is an AIM kiln (measuring 30cm square) with a farenheit temperature gauge (I can supply a conversion chart) and has recently had its elements replaced. The wire elements are in the sides and produce a fairly even temperature throughout the kiln. It does not have a pyrometer, although one can be fitted, but it does have a brand new bung and sits on four sturdy fire brick blocks. It also comes with a kiln shelf measuring 17cm X 16cm and can fuse glass dishes up to 15cm.  This kiln is transportable and will fit on a table in your studio. 


What will it fire? It is the ideal kiln for glass fusing, enamelling, silver clay and glass paints and it fires up to 2000F (1093.333 C) but must not exceed 2381F (1555C).  Voltage is 200 and Amp 7 which means that it will run from an ordinary plug socket. Depending on how frequently it is used, the elements should last up to three years. 


I would like £300 for the kiln (new ones cost from £400+) because I only replaced the heating elements a few months ago. This kiln doesn't come with a guarantee but I recommend Northern Kilns for any future maintenance and I can give the buyer advice on fusing schedules for glass. 
This kiln is in West Yorkshire and I will deliver within a 10 mile radius or buyer can collect. 
Please email Jfwhitehead@blueyonder.co.uk if you are interested. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments - I love to hear from you.