Saturday 20 October 2007

Glass Cutting for the nervous


My article "Glass Cutting for the Nervous" has now been published on the CGGE website. It's aimed at beginners to glass cutting or as a refresher for glass artists who are coming back to the skill. Although glass cutting is a skill, it is an easy one to learn as it only really requires two things: confidence and practice. I really like cutting strange or small shapes as I enjoy the challenge. Glass cutting is one of my favorite tasks and Bullseye is my favorite glass to work with.
Read it here http://www.cgge.org/articles.aspx and let me know your comments or further suggestions.

3 comments:

  1. I liked your article, but I didn't see safety glasses mentioned in the safety tips. I think safety glasses are at least as important as wearing closed shoes. Cute fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How right you are! And, as I once got a large sliver of glass in my eye, I should know better and should have mentioned safety glasses. (It's a case of "Do as I say" not "do as I do") Thanks for your input.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice article. The sound of glass being scored sounds just like a zipper being pulled: Tzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments - I love to hear from you.