Friday 25 May 2007

Creating a Glass Dish Part 4

After one day fusing and one day slumping the dish is finished. I take the cold dish from the kiln and check the back to see if any kiln wash is stuck to it. I then wash it in warm water with washing up liquid and dry it. Now for some kiln maintenance - I check the kiln shelf to see if it needs repainting with kiln wash and vacuum out the kiln ready for the next fusing.
These dishes are available from the following outlets:
www.glassprimitif.etsy.com
www.shawgalleries.co.uk
www.keighley.ac.uk/kaf

3 comments:

  1. Ah clean up, always my least favorite part. I tend to get glue on everything so I have to clean up right after I finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... these are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments - I love to hear from you.